Senior researcher (Directeur de recherche) at Inria Lille - Nord Europe since september 2009, I am a member of the MINT research team and the scientific officer (Délégué scientifique) of the research center.
Before being recruited by Inria, I had done a PhD thesis in Computer Science at LRI, I had been a post-doctoral researcher at GMD Sankt Augustin and the University of Fribourg, and I had been an Assistant Professor (Maître de conférences) at Paris-Sud University — and a member of the IN-SITU team — for eight years.
My research lies in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. I have published and served as organizing or program committee member in conferences such as ACM CHI, ACM UIST, IHM, ACM CSCW, ECSCW or ACM Multimedia. I have also co-organized four editions of the Forum on Tactile and Gestural Interaction.
Details concerning my background and research activities can be found in my CV (29 pages, in French).
A few upcoming, present or relatively recent news:
- Co-organizer of IHM 2014 and co-author of a few papers that will be presented there (October 28-31, Villeneuve d'Ascq)
- "Keep #pdlt (ou du moins son esprit)", a short comment on the radio show Place de la toile (July 6)
- Co-organizer of FITG 2014 (May 13-14, Tourcoing)
- "Impact of form factors and input conditions on absolute indirect-touch pointing tasks", a paper presented at CHI 2014 (April 28)
- "Petite histoire de l'interaction homme-machine", a 50 minutes discussion with Xavier de la Porte and Thibault Henneton as part of Place de la toile (March 29)
I am married with three children.