Senior researcher (Directeur de recherche) at Inria Lille - Nord Europe since september 2009, I am the scientific head of the Mjolnir team and the scientific officer (Délégué scientifique) of the research center.
Before working for Inria, I did a PhD thesis in Computer Science at LRI, I was a post-doctoral researcher at GMD Sankt Augustin and the University of Fribourg, and I was an Associate Professor (Maître de conférences) at Paris-Sud University — and a member of the in|situ| team — for eight years.
My research lies in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. I have published and served as organizing or program committee member in conferences such as ACM CHI, ACM UIST, IHM, ACM CSCW, ECSCW or ACM Multimedia. I have also co-organized four editions of the Forum on Tactile and Gestural Interaction.
Details concerning my background and research activities can be found in my CV (30 pages, in French).
A few upcoming, present or relatively recent news:
- Looking for someone to work with Anatole Lécuyer, Géry Casiez and me on improving BCI-based interactions (PhD starting in Sept/Oct/Nov)
- Co-author of "Direct manipulation in tactile displays", a paper to be presented at CHI 2016 (May 7-12)
- Co-author of "Looking through the eye of the mouse: a simple method for measuring end-to-end latency using an optical mouse", a paper presented at UIST 2015 (November 8-11)
- Co-author of "Manipulation dialogique pour affichages tactiles", a paper presented at IHM 2015 (October 27-30)
- "Mouvement & Informatique", my contribution to the first TEDx Valenciennes on "Liens et mouvements" (October 8)