Senior researcher (Directeur de recherche) at Inria Lille - Nord Europe since september 2009, I am the scientific head of the Mjolnir research team and the scientific officer (Délégué scientifique) of the research center.
Before working for Inria, I did a PhD thesis in Computer Science at LRI, I was a post-doctoral researcher at GMD Sankt Augustin and the University of Fribourg, and I was an Assistant Professor (Maître de conférences) at Paris-Sud University — and a member of the IN-SITU team — for eight years.
My research lies in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. I have published and served as organizing or program committee member in conferences such as ACM CHI, ACM UIST, IHM, ACM CSCW, ECSCW or ACM Multimedia. I have also co-organized four editions of the Forum on Tactile and Gestural Interaction.
Details concerning my background and research activities can be found in my CV (29 pages, in French).
A few upcoming, present or relatively recent news:
- Co-author of "Push-edge and slide-edge: scrolling by pushing against the viewport edge", a paper presented at CHI 2015 (April 22)
- Mjolnir was created on January 1st, 2015
- Co-organizer of IHM 2014 and co-author of a four papers that were presented there (October 28-31, Villeneuve d'Ascq)
- New research projects: Turbotouch and Happiness, funded by ANR and H2020
- "Keep #pdlt (ou du moins son esprit)", a short comment on the radio show Place de la toile (July 6)
- Co-organizer of FITG 2014 (May 13-14, Tourcoing)
- "Petite histoire de l'interaction homme-machine", a 50 minutes discussion with Xavier de la Porte and Thibault Henneton as part of Place de la toile (March 29)